Event 9/19/2017 - Annual IMMA Meeting
Post date: Aug 22, 2017 1:47:35 AM
The InfraGard Maryland Members Alliance (IMMA) cordially invites you to our annual meeting and dinner at St. John's College, Annapolis, 09/19/2017. Catering by Mission BBQ, craft beer and wine by Chesapeake Brewing Company.
Keynote Speaker: Matt Olsen,
Retired Director of the National Counterterrorism Center
and General Counsel of the NSA
Matt Olsen is a leading authority on national security, intelligence, and law enforcement, having played a critical role in shaping the nation’s counterterrorism and cyber security efforts. He was appointed by President Obama in 2011 to serve as the Director of the National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC). Mr. Olsen led the government's efforts to integrate and analyze terrorism information and coordinate counterterrorism activities for three years. When he left the NCTC in 2014, President Obama credited Mr. Olsen with making the U.S. more secure, saying “Every American is safer because of his service.” Mr. Olsen was the General Counsel for the National Security Agency (NSA) prior to joining NCTC. He is a Harvard Law School graduate.
Guest Speaker: Special Agent Mike Miller
FBI Baltimore Field Office
Insiders still pose a significant threat to enterprises in addition to the rapid growth of malware and online dangers. According to Gartner, more than 70% of unauthorized data access is committed by an organization's own employees:
• Conducting cyber espionage
• Exploiting data via remote access software
• Transmitting sensitive information via e-mail and instant messaging
SA Miller joined the FBI in 2003, preceded by 11 years with the State of Florida law enforcement. He also spent 18 months at FBI headquarters as a FBI Supervisory Special Agent overseeing counterintelligence investigations. He further specialized in counter-proliferation investigations, focusing on cases to prevent export-controlled items from reaching adversarial countries’ military and weapons programs. He was selected as the Baltimore FBI Division’s Private Sector Coordinator and InfraGard Coordinator in June, 2017.
• US Naval Academy Tour (optional): $12, 3:00-4:15 PM
• Dinner: $35 per person, cash bar, 4:30-8:00 PM, free parking
• Registration deadline for both: 09/15/2017, 5:00 PM
• Refunds unavailable
• 3:00-4:15 PM: Special tour of the U.S. Naval Academy (more info. to follow)
• 4:30-5:00 PM: Cash bar, networking
• 5:00-6:00 PM: Buffet dinner
• 6:00-8:00 PM: Annual meeting, update from the Board of Directors, guest speakers, presentation of candidates for IMMA election.
• Catered buffet by Mission BBQ (vegetarian dish available - contact John Ward, Event Organizer: JWard@InfraGardMD.org, no later than 09/15/2017)
• Calvert Street Garage (free)
• 19 Saint Johns Street, Annapolis, MD 21401
• (410) 260-2900
Questions? Contact John Ward, Event Organizer: JWard@InfraGardMD.org